Functional Medicine Services
Functional Medicine addresses the underlying causes of disease, using a systems-oriented approach and engaging the patient and practitioner in a therapeutic partnership. I use a Functional Medicine approach to address the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms. Using this model from the initial visit, I will listen to her your history and evaluate environmental and lifestyle factors. We will partner over a committed time period, to educate and empower you to make the necessary changes to your diet and lifestyle. This process of changing an individual’s environment produces positive changes toward better health and wellness.
Principles of Functional Medicine
- Incorporating a patient-centered rather than a disease-centered approach.
- Cultivating a dynamic balance among the internal and external factors in a patient’s body, mind, and spirit.
- Identifying health as a positive vitality—not merely the absence of disease—and emphasizing those factors that encourage that vitality.
- Promoting organ resilience as a means of enhancing health span, not just the life span.
Health & Wellness Coaching
Health and Wellness Coaches partner with clients seeking self-directed, lasting changes, aligned with the client’s personal values help them to reach their health and wellness goals. Using this model from your initial visit, I will listen to your stories and encourage you toward self-acceptance and self-respect. I will educate and challenge you to make dietary and lifestyle changes toward reaching your goals by encouraging your strengths, values, and desires, as I supports you toward successful change.
Principle of Health and Wellness Coaching
- Coaches are trained to help clients develop and implement personal wellness plans by accepting and meeting clients where they are.
- Coaches help clients tap into their innate desires and motivations and empower clients to take charge of their life and health.
- Coaches build a supportive environment that helps clients set realistic and achievable goals so that clients can harness their strengths and overcome obstacles toward success.